Write an analysis (2,000-2,500 words) regarding the regulation of financial reporting, as established through the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) auditing standards effective December 31, 2016. Discussion should include the following:
- Summarize the main points for the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Compare the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Summarize at least two sections of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Discuss the most recent changes of the PCAOB General Auditing Standards as they apply to GAAP reporting. Do not discuss the audit procedures or reporting.
- Include a discussion of how the regulation of the accounting industry has changed since 1933 using these four regulations/standards as a timeline.
Use readings from the course and seek out additional information to support your discussion. A possible resource is the PCAOB website at https://pcaobus.org (click on the Standards menu item). Include at least three external relevant scholarly sources to support your points. Be sure to cite two or more of these sources in each prompt of the essay.
Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.