Write a 3–4 page in which you define the scope of your project:
- Provide an introduction and overview of the project.
- Explain why it is important to define the goals and objectives for a new project.
- Describe at least two goals for the project and describe an objective for each of the goals. Include in-text citations from credible sources that explain the importance of establishing and defining goals and objectives for a new project.
- Explain why it is important to understand the organizational structure where the project will be completed.
- Chapter 3 in the course textbook describes project management structures.
- Describe the project management structure that you will use to manage your project and why you made that choice.
- For example, will you manage it via the existing functional structure of the organization, set up a projected/dedicated project team, or use a matrix management structure? If you will use a matrix structure, which type will you use?
- Include in-text citations from the course textbook to explain these structures and the benefits of one over the other.
- Define the term “project stakeholders,” identify the stakeholders involved with your project, and discuss their impact/role on the project.
- Discuss some of the best practices for estimating and developing a project budget.
- Chapter 5 in the course textbook discusses budgets.
- Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citations, access the library.