Discussion question 1:
Suppose you are the manager of a chain restaurant (e.g., Chili’s, The Cheesecake Factory, and so forth) in Los Angeles. The economy is doing poorly, and people are not eating out as much as they used to. If you do not do something to increase revenue or decrease costs, you may have to close the business.
- What are some of the things you would do about this situation?
- How would you execute this?
- Also, describe why would you do them?
- (Note: this is a chain restaurant so you cannot have your own “specials” or reduce pricing or anything like that – This is about your leadership)
- Support your positions with academic support
Discussion Question 2 – CLA 2 Preparation & Course Learning Outcomes
Welcome to Week 5 of your course. This discussion question will help you prepare for your CLA 2 paper and final CLA 2 PowerPoint and as such, will have a fair amount of detail. Read the CLA 2 assignment listed in Week 8 of the course. Then, please provide an outline that itemizes the concepts that you will include in your CLA 2 paper and final presentation PowerPoint. Please be sure to include concepts learned in the course and information (findings, conclusions) from your PA 1 and CLA 1 papers. Provide some brief details for each item that is outlined. Please keep in mind that you should have place-holders for material not yet covered in lecture from Weeks 6 and 7. Here is an itemized list that summarizes the requirements of this DQ (include every item in the bullet list below, or you will not receive full credit):
- Outline that itemizes concepts learned in the course
- Include information (findings, conclusions) from your PA 1 and CLA 1
- Brief details for each item that is outlined
- Place-holders for material not yet covered