Complete the brief by following these content and style requirements.
- Using 5 – 7 significant ideas (in total) from our main texts in this class, analyze your conflict situation and provide a constructive response—even if it is the decision not to respond. (NOTE: All three main texts must be clearly represented with well-developed connections in your response).
- Consider the Hocker-Wilmot Conflict Assessment guide below for additional structure, guiding questions and organizational considerations. If you choose to work with some of this material, it does not count toward your 5-7 significant ideas.
- The brief should be 1000 words.
- 750 words for the analysis
- 250 words for the executive summary
- Content of assignment. The brief is to include the following components.
- Cover Page (not included in word count).
- Executive Summary that serves as a preview to the content found in the brief (250 words). An Executive Summary is NOT an academic abstract. The Executive Summary previews the brief by giving away the key insights or findings in the brief. Think of this as a one-page cheat sheet or as the “spoiler alert,” providing the audience with the main ideas clearly stated in an easy-to-read format. Follow the details at the end of these instructions to prepare this part of your brief.
- Professional, thoughtfully analyzed response to the questions listed in the following section (750 words).
- Reference page (not included in word count).
- Format of assignment: Follow APA Style, paying close attention to the formatting of in-text citations, the reference list and headings. Creative business formatting as found in Word templates is permitted, as long as APA style is adhered to in in-text citations and references. Use of first person is permitted in this assignment; however, keep it to a minimum.
4. The brief should include:
a. Succinct background to the conflict that you are going to analyze. In other words, tell us the story of the conflict. Feel free to change the names to protect the innocent.
b. 5-7 significant ideas from our three main texts that are carefully woven together to help you analyze your conflict situation. Use APA headings and sub-headings to help organize the flow of the brief.
c. Citations from our three main texts and TWO additional sources are required to back up your comments and assertions in your paper. Be sure to listen to any additional videos or podcasts assigned by your instructor for this week. These count as additional sources. The point is, do not just rely on your own comments, but back up those comments with supporting material.